Hi, kennels. The answer is YES like ibuprofen !! And today I explain about the toxicity of paracetamol for our dogs and cats. As I think it is a very important issue, and there are paracetamol in every house, which is why today we also talk about the case of cats and also, that they are usually extremely sensitive to the ingestion of it. I already suppose that sometimes it is not done with the intention of harming them, but what you can be doing as something to relieve them discomfort or pain, can lead to certain death, and I am sorry to be so direct.
Symptoms in cats:
- Cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes… deb>
- For a 4 kg cat who ingested 1 500 mg paracetamol tablet:
- 50mg x 4kg = 200mg
- If paracetamol contains 500 mg, with half a pill we would be in the limits of toxic>
Example of dogs:
- For a 15 kg dog, taking 1 tablet of 500 mg paracetamol:
- 150mg x 15kg = 2250mg
- If paracetamol contains 500 mg, with this weight you should ingest 4.5 pills to create toxicity. However, it varies according to each dog as well, so do not trust, since these data are the theory, in practice it is something else.
It is important to go to the veterinarian regardless of dose or at least get in touch with him.
If you think your pet has ingested paracetamol
- Call the vet urgently to explain the situation, as you can give directions by phone until you arrive at the center.
- Go to the nearest veterinary center / veterinary hospital
Be very careful with the medications we have at home, always out of reach of children and pets.
I hope it helps you. ) Share so that all owners are alert, as it can happen in any carelessness.
Has your dog or cat ever taken paracetamol? Tell me below in the comments, and do not forget to subscribe to the newsletter and follow me on my social networks.
Until the next animaloid.
Pd: From this post comes the question for Friday's draw on my Instagram Stories.